If you are at the trail and this trail needs the latitude and longitude please click the link below and add it to the Add/Edit Trail Form to give us the information.
The trail is 10.1 miles with loop combinations of varying lengths available. The trail is marked with blue diamond-shaped blazes. There are signs at each junction with a You Are Here map. The McKenzie trail system is located just northwest of the Caberfae ski area. Loops range from beginner to most difficult. Some trails are groomed in the winter.
At a Glance
|Current Conditions:||This trail is groomed.|
|Operational Hours:||Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, unless otherwise posted.|
|Permit Info:||Special Use Permit –
|Open Season:||January 1 – December 31|
|Best Season:||January 1 to December 31|
Forest-wide Closures – Camping in dispersed areas:
Being publicly nude. Storing Watercraft
|Closest Towns:||Mesick, Cadillac|
|Operated By:||Cadillac Manistee Ranger District – 412 Red Apple Rd., Manistee, MI 49660|
From Cadillac –
- Travel west on M-55 for 12 miles.
- Turn right and travel north on 13 Mile Rd. for 2 miles.
- Veer right at the fork and travel northeast on 13 Mile Rd. for .1 miles.
- Turn left and travel west on 38 Rd. for 1.5 miles.
- Turn left and travel south on FR 9833 to the entrance.
Location –Caberfae Area, Lake Mitchell
Nearby Recreation Areas –
- Hemlock Campground
- Briar Hills Semi-Primitive Nonmotorized Area
- Caberfae Scenic Overlook
- MacKenzie Cross-Country Ski and Mountain Bike Trail
- Big “M” Cross-Country Ski and Mountain Bike Trail
County – Wexford
Seasonal and Other Information –
- This site is not gated during the off season.
- This site is not maintained in winter:
- Access road and/or parking lot are plowed.
|Parking||14 vehicle capacity|
If you have information about this trail please fill out the Add/Edit Trail form.
References and More Info