If you are at the trail and this trail needs the latitude and longitude please click the link below and add it to the Add/Edit Trail Form to give us the information.
Looking for a quieter, less manicured alternative to highly groomed trails without sacrificing quality? McKeever Hills Ski Trail may be just the ticket for you! McKeever Hills offers loops for skiers at a range of skill levels, including many downhill runs, and the trails are only periodically packed and tracked. Six miles of trail pass beside several lakes and through various forest types. Also, if you would enjoy a peaceful night amid the stars and moonlight, rent McKeever Cabin, a rustic log cabin on the west shore of McKeever Lake.
The route is open daily during daylight hours from December through April, depending on snow conditions. No trail fee is required. Trail loops are packed and groomed once a week or as conditions allow. Trail segments are well-marked with blue diamonds starting at the trailhead, and are marked at each trail junction. Location maps are posted at all trail intersections. A small parking lot off H-13 is available at the entrance to the trailhead.
Safety Caution should be used when skiing these trails. Although trails are occasionally groomed, some spots may be icy or uneven or may have twigs. Under icy conditions, skiing is not safe because it becomes difficult to maintain control within the designed limits of the trail. Be aware of changing weather conditions and personal fatigue which can increase the hazards of the out-of-doors. Use the “buddy system” to make your outing safer and more enjoyable. Ski only to your ability. Dogs are allowed on this ski trail. Observe courtesy on the trail
- Repair the track after falls.
- Allow faster skiers to pass.
- Ski in the direction indicated on the maps.
- Keep far apart when descending hills.
- Snowshoers avoid groomed tracks.
- Please pick up after your dog.
From the intersection of M-28 and Forest Highway 13 just east of Munising drive south 12 miles on FH 13 to the parking area on the east side of FH13.
The Trail Loops
• Trail A (.3mi/.5 km) – Gentle terrain with few slopes, appropriate for beginners or for a warm-up.
• Trail B (Approximately 3 mi/ 4.8 km)- Designed as a long scenic trail for the intermediate skier, this loop has lots of variety and offers views of Kimble, Pete’s and McKeever Lakes.
• Trail C (Approximately 2 mi/ 3.2 km) – This short but difficult route circumnavigating Wedge Lake is designed for the expert skier.
|Difficulty Level:||Easy to Difficult|
If you have information about this trail please fill out the Add/Edit Trail form.
References and More Info